A great product we install is the Weather Deck System by Mer-Ko.
Described by the manufacturer as follows:
Weather Deck is a multilayered latex mastic roofing system which is trowel applied to a “floating” base sheet. This system provides a slip resistant, waterproof walking surface that is isolated from substrate cracks. Waterproof flashing for drains, vertical surfaces, thresholds, as well as stress relief for thermal expansion are incorporated into the system. The thickness is approximately 3/16"-1/4" (4.7 mm-6.35 mm) and presents few elevation problems at doors, landings, steps, etc.
Flat roof decks, observation decks, various other deck coatings and balconies on commercial and residential buildings carrying pedestrian traffic. (For vehicular traffic, refer to Mer-Kote AutoDeck).
Weather Deck has been approved as a Class A fire-retardant roofing system by:
• ICC-ES - Report No. 3389
• City of Los Angeles - RR 23811
• California State Fire Marshal
• Monolithic, contains no joints or seams.
• May be installed over any sound, solid, dry subsurface.
• Fire retardant-One Hour Fire Rated – See “One Hour” Assembly Addendum.
• Will not soften under extreme solar temperatures.
• Installed only by qualified applicators.
• Not designed for vehiclar or heavy steel wheeled traffic.
• Subsurface must be dry before and during application.
• In cold climates, consult manufacturer for specific requirements.
• Not for use over OSB board.
CONSIDERATIONS FOR INSTALLATION:
• Subsurface must be smooth. If not corrected, irregularities will reflect on the Weather Deck surface. For example, if a quarry tile deck has irregular grout joints which are not smoothed with underlayment, the grid pattern will show on the Weather Deck surface.
• Minimum standards for wood surfaces are 5/8" exterior plywood over 16" o.c. joists or 1/2" exterior grade plywood over sheathing.
• To insure perimeter flashng is installed per Mer-Ko specifications, please contact the Mer-Krete Systems/ Mer-Ko Materials a division of Parexlahabra office.
• In freezing climates, sufficient pitch is required to insure run-off. When covering a “sandwich slab” or quarry tile deck, provision must be made to vent the envelope created between the existing vapor barrier and the Weather Deck.
• Drains must be of a design suitable to receive Weather Deck flashing (i.e. J.R. Smith DX-1240 series).
• Concrete subsurfaces must have a minimum compressive strength of 1000 psi tested by “point loading” technique.
• The moisture content of the substrate should be checked and approved by authorized Mer-Ko installer prior to installation.
• When contemplating a deck installation with an open soffit, or over an unheated enclosed space (i.e. garage, etc.) in freezing, damp or severe climates, consult manufacturer for recommendations.
This is a fiberglass deck coating system used on a roof deck of
a multi unit complex in Sherman Oaks.
SCD has the products and experience to provide leak free project every time.
This is an elastomeric deck coating system used
on a balcony in Santa Clarita, California.
That is a great shot of one of the available textures we can apply for a deck coating.
We also have it available in smooth and many other textures,
This is a balcony that had a leak in Malibu, California
we fixed with a below tile waterproofing system.
What you are looking at is an elastomeric coating system with a non-slip
(type of) surface on a pool deck in Hollywood, California.
See more examples of Swimming Pool Deck Coatings here.